Sunday, January 22, 2012

Progress? Not a lot

So this is just a quick update since it's been a while. I'm still working on the 2 books I said I was going to read next. By "working on" I mean that I've barely cracked one and have not even opened the other. I had some stuff I had to put time into over the past 2 weeks so I've been a slacker in regards to reading, but don't fear I'm free most of this week and plan on getting through at least one of the 2 books. I'd really like to stay on track for no less than 3 books a month with out forcing myself to tear through them. That being said I took advantage of some gift cards I had from Christmas and just bought 6 more books which just means my reading list is growing, which keeps me motivated, although I am placing myself on hiatus and am not (read NOT) buying any more books until I'm more than 1/2 way through my current stack of 15, which does not include the books I just bought. It's easy with so many options to let the ADD get ahold of me and start a ton at once but never finish any, so I try to be disciplined in finishing what I start before even looking at the next one. I'm also going to start the construction of the full wall of bookshelves in my spare room this month which for me is really exciting and gives me a place to put all the books I feel the need to buy. Well that's all I got, just wanted to check in with an update. I hope you're reading is going better than mine is.

No comments:

Post a Comment